Date: 11/2/17 4:15 pm
From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Orchard Oriole, Cromwell Valley Park
While not the *last* bird I expected to see at Cromwell in November, an adult male Orchard Oriole must be somewhere very low on that list.

I walked the "Birder's Trail" (across the road from the Willow Grove bridge, on the S side of the stream) to the opposite end, where there is a hedgerow separating the park boundary from a private residence. While standing at bluebird box #4, I found a nice mixed flock in that hedgerow. An adult male Orchard Oriole popped up, gave me a 2-second point-blank view, then disappeared behind the hedgerow. I waited for about 20 minutes but it never reappeared.

If anyone goes to Cromwell tomorrow or this weekend, it might be worth a look. I would love it if someone could confirm with a photo.

Tim Carney
Parkville, MD