Date: 11/2/17 4:01 pm
From: Suke C Lee <mclee72...>
Subject: [cobirds] Red Crossbill, el Paso County
I remember someone asking Cobirds contibutors to report sightings of Red Crossbills but can't remember who it was.

I had 7-8 Red Crossbills in my yard about an hour ago. I believe they were type 5 but I am no expert on their vocalization. I observed them for about 10 minutes; I don't know how long they had been here. They flew south-east to the Latigo Equestrian Center and disappeared behind the buildings.

I had never seen them in my yard or in El Paso County since we've been here (1986).

Bood birding,

Cecile Lee (Cici)

Elbert, CO (Birds were in El Paso County).