Date: 11/2/17 3:59 pm
Subject: Odd Mallard Pair
About 2:45 pm today, I was leaving the Selma NC WalMart on Hwy 301. The pond at the front is often frequented by Canada Geese. Other waterfowl can be found there on occasion. What did I find today? Midget hen and Monster drake? The hen had blue wing bar with medium white stripes on front and rear border of the bar and she looked normal to me. The drake had the same blue and white in the wings but was close to the size of the Canada Geese. It also had a brown neck and head. They seemed to be a bonded pair. But they were a very odd looking pair! Pictures available.

Mae Howell
Goldsboro, NC

Join us on Facebook!