Date: 11/2/17 3:28 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...>
Subject: [obol] Ankeny NWR Bonaparte's Gull
On the way to Albany where my Mom lives, I stopped at Ankeny. I always
do. Shortly after I stopped when Marty Cunningham and I were visiting and
birding, a 1st winter BONAPARTE'S GULL landed for 5 minutes or so at
Pintail Marsh, it came in for real nice views before it left again a cute
bird. My disapproval of Gulls only goes to the larger pink legged ones.
Getting late, 3 BARN SWALLOWS were around..otherwise a dozen DUNLIN seemed
to be looking for a place to land, but the water is too high for exposed
mud. Some LEAST Sandpipers similarly

For awhile now there's been a couple BLACK PHOEBES and imm RED SHOULDERED
Hawks around..

Roy Gerig, Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!