Date: 11/2/17 9:28 am
From: Gordon Karre <karhop1...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Maricopa County, South Mountain Park
The RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH invasion continues as I discovered one in my regular patch at South Mountain Park, near Phoenix, this morning in a dry desert wash. It was a new patch bird for me and a little research in eBird also indicated it was a new species for this Hotspot. (It is possible they have been recorded there in the past, but just not entered on eBird.)

Irruptions of different species are interesting and shows that the data collected is definitely worth the time and effort to make eBird reports.

Great birding to all!

Gordon Karre

To view my latest blog post click on the link below.
Desert Wings blog site: http://desertwing.blogspot.com/