Date: 11/2/17 9:10 am
From: Dorsey, Kurk <Kurk.Dorsey...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Merlin/Harrier/ snake?
Birders,

So Dover traffic paid off again today, as I had a Merlin flash by the car as I was sitting on NH 108 at Back River Road.

A short visit to Moore Fields in Durham turned up a male harrier, being harassed by crows, 40 Horned Larks and still a few Savannah Sparrows in the recently cut corn.

At home at the Woodridge playing fields, there were plenty of common birds, but oddest of all was a 2-foot long, mostly grey snake. Based on an internet search of images, I think it was a very drab Northern Water Snake. It actually lunged at my dog, which walked right over it because it was so still. I'm not sure which of us was more surprised.

Kurk Dorsey

Durham