Date: 11/2/17 5:55 am
From: Conrad, Tiffany <TConrad...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Gene Stratton-Porter Christmas Bird Count- December 17
Calling all birders!!

I am beginning preparations for our annual Christmas Bird Count at the Gene Stratton-Porter State Historic Site on Sunday December 17th. We start at 8:00 and we go at least until noon where lunch will be provided in the Carriage House. We will gather and tally our birds and talk about what has been counted. The last few years weather hasn't been too cooperative but we've still had a pretty decent count. We try to have at least 3 teams in the field so if you have a favorite birding partner, this is a great chance to get out and explore some of the great birding in Northeast Indiana.

If you are interested in helping out, please let me know. Don't worry if you are unsure of our area, we'll be sure to partner you with someone who knows their way around. Our circle includes Chain O Lakes, Kendallville and a few ACRES preserves around the site so if you have a preferred area to bird, just let me know. I look forward to having you out to help! You can contact me via the email address or phone number listed below.

Happy Birding!

Tiffany Conrad
Interpretive Naturalist
Gene Stratton-Porter SHS