Date: 11/1/17 11:22 pm
From: 'Deborah Carstensen' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Pueblo reservoir, raptors
I went with Claire Montour to Pueblo to see the waterfowl that a had been reported. We didn’t see a lot of water fowl but we saw a lot of other cool birds !
We were joined by birder Chris from Manitou Springs
Shrike (fly by, ? Species)
Prairie falcon in pursuit of a killdeer. The pursuit went on for some time but the Killdeer finally got away with faster, tighter maneuvering.
Merlin- flew in with and feasted on small songbird
Northern Harrier juv.
Kestrel
Red-tailed hawk
Red breasted merganser
Horned grebe
Pied billed Grebe
Western grebes-around 50
Coots- >200
Cassins finch – 2
Gulls— I’m not even going to go there…

I’m sure there was more to be seen but we really enjoyed what we did see there. There was no wind, it was 70°, it was beautiful – what more could we have wanted ?

Deb Carstensen, Arapahoe county
Sent from my iPhone