Date: 11/1/17 10:17 pm
From: <sammanning19...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] UNO Crossbills--11/1
This morning while walking to class from my dorm to the Peter Kiewit Institute on UNO’s Scott Campus, I was surprised to find a group of four Red Crossbills foraging in a row of pines that line the sidewalk on the north side of Maverick Landing. I observed them for about 20 minutes in the pines while they fed. From what I could tell, they probably were “Type 2,” but my recordings of them are not identifiable to type. I'm a little surprised by their appearance here, but given the irruption going on, I kind of expected them to eventually show up around UNO. I returned after my classes and rechecked the pines to get a more accurate count on them. I was able to then count a total of eight Red Crossbills in the pines.

Sam Manning

Omaha, Douglas County, NE

Join us on Facebook!