Date: 11/1/17 8:26 pm
From: Richard <birdertoo...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Buena Vista to Cherry Creek Reservoir (Chaffee, Park & Arapahoe)
Hello cobirders;

Terry Michaels had a bad case of bronchitis so we returned early. Before leaving Buena Vista, we relocated a Lewis's Woodpecker along Pleasant Avenue and a flock of 14 Pinyon Jays along Hwy 24, just south of the Hwy 385 intersection.

Nothing new from yesterday's report was found at the three Park County reservoirs. Except, a Tundra Swan was on Spinney Mountain Reservoir.

After dropping Terry at home I went to Washington Park (Denver). I could not find the Eastern Bluebirds reported yesterday.

My birding day ended at Cherry Creek Reservoir (Arapahoe). Missed both the Eastern Bluebirds and the previously reported Harris's Sparrow; however, I did see a couple of nice birds.

A lingering Bonaparte's Gull flew below the dam. The Common Loon swam in the middle of the lake. The new bird was a Black Scoter swimming around the southeastern quadrant. The Common Loon would stay under water for more than 30 seconds and surface only for a count of 2 or 3.

No Short-eared Owls appeared when I was parked overlooking the cattail fields east of the gun shooting range. The sunset was exquisite.

Continued Good Birding!

Directions to birding spots and maps on CoBus website:
http://coloradobirdingsociety.net

Richard Stevens; Director, Colorado Birding Society
Denver, Colorado
Contact CoBus/Report Interesting Birds: 303-324-7994
Subscribe to "cobirders" by sending blank email to:
<cobirders-subscribe...>
Read "cobirders" at: