Date: 11/1/17 7:12 pm
From: Dorsey, Kurk <Kurk.Dorsey...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Cuckoo in Dover
Birders,
i was sitting in traffic on Knox Marsh Road in Dover enjoying a TV circling overhead when a long-tailed bird flopped right by at eye level. I was pretty amazed that it was a cuckoo and that it perched in a tree right next to the road! It turned enough that I could see that it was a Black-billed based on the tail pattern. I think it was only cuckoo sighting of the year--in November while sitting in traffic. Maybe it's actually 1 April instead of 1 November?

Kurk Dorsey
Durham