Date: 11/1/17 4:56 pm
From: Julia Auckland <julia.auckland...>
Subject: [cobirds] strange warbler at Sloan's Lake (near SW corner parking lot)
I was just at Sloan's Lake and saw a strange warbler. Passing it along in
case anybody wants to check it out or has any ideas. I heard loud steady
chipping & then got a glimpse of a warbler with a chestnut cap and yellow
around base of tail. I'm no warbler expert, but it seemed strange. Got one
good look from below & jotted down notes: clear brown breast, yellow under
base of tail, and whiter under tail. Never saw it again. Looked just like a
Colima warbler but that is extremely unlikely so maybe a palm warbler or
Virginia’s or Lucy’s. In trees along SW shore of the lake, near the
maintenance yard. I also saw a female yellow-rumped warbler in the same
area but definitely different birds.