Date: 11/1/17 4:53 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Yamhill county first-of-year finds
This afternoon I ran up to McGuire Reservoir (McMinnville's water supply)
hoping to find a loon. We find them there in the spring. My fall-back hope
was to find a Gray Jay, which I hadn't seen in the county this year.

On the lake I found NO waterfowl. I only came up with a Red-tail, a Downy
Woodpecker, Song Sparrows, and Fox Sparrow with a lot of tooting and
pissshing. Finally, a bird appeared atop a small fir, a TOWNSEND'S
SOLITAIRE, a FOY bird for me in Yamhill County. In fact, I missed it the
last two years.

As I pulled out on Meadowlake Road to head home, a small group of MOUNTAIN
QUAIL crossed the road, another FOY bird, another one I hadn't seen in a
couple years.

What a day!

Paul Sullivan

Join us on Facebook!