Date: 11/1/17 4:27 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lincoln Co. eBird Rare Bird Alert--Swamp Sparrow
Thanks, Range, I’ve been swamped since getting back to Bend. Anyway, the story is I was at the beginning of the Marsh Trail below the visitor’s center when I heard what I thought was a Black Phoebe. It was coming from the brush off the right side of the trail. It seemed odd to me that it wasn’t in plain view on top. I listened to it for about 3 or 4 minutes as it was calling and it moved deeper in the brush. I then saw that other observers had reported a Swamp Sparrow sounding like a Black Phoebe from the same location a couple of days earlier. I went to the Macaulay Library of Sound and played the call notes of Swamp Sparrow and realized that that was also the bird that I heard.

Tom Crabtree, Bend

From: <ebird-alert...>
Date: Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 6:21 PM
Subject: [eBird Alert] Lincoln County Rare Bird Alert <hourly>

The report below shows observations of rare birds in Lincoln County. View or [subscribe] to this alert at http://ebird.org/ebird/alert/summary?sid=SN39373

Swamp Sparrow (Melospiza georgiana) (1)
- Reported Oct 28, 2017 14:30 by Tom Crabtree
- Beaver Creek Natural Area, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8 <http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5146282,-124.0490448&ll=44.5146282,-124.0490448> &t=p&z=13&q=44.5146282,-124.0490448&ll=44.5146282,-124.0490448
- Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40181936
- Comments: "One unseen bird calling from the beginning of the marsh trail below the visitor's center, originally thought to be a Black Phoebe because of the call, which was determined by other observers to be a SWSP"

Manage your eBird alert subscriptions:
http://ebird.org/ebird/alerts

Join us on Facebook!