Date: 11/1/17 1:39 pm
From: Kevin Groeneweg <kgroeneweg...>
Subject: Wichita Red Crossbills
Adding to the abundant Red Crossbill sightings, I just had a pair fly over at my house in Wichita. I had just got out of my car upon returning home an heard them calling while flying away. I’m hoping they had come off my feeders and will be back. In other news, I followed up on Pete’s post from yesterday and checked out the large number of ducks on the LaFarge sandpit in NW Wichita late this morning. Conservatively over 2,500 ducks of various species, with large numbers of Lesser Scaup, Gadwall Ring-necked and Redhead and lower numbers of American Wigeon, Ruddy Duck, N. Pintail and Greater Scaup. This is a fantastic place to get great scope view of the latter species. No loons or grebes we’re seen. Lots of birds at nearby Harbor Isle as well.

Kevin Groeneweg
Wichita
https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to