Date: 11/1/17 1:01 pm
From: Wyatt Egelhoff <redknot42...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] RFI- Resighting Data requested for New Mexico waders
I am posting this on behalf of USFWS Alaska. There is currently an urgent
effort to produce re-sight data for birds banded on Arctic NWR that have
subsequently spent the winter in New Mexico. Specifically shorebird species
such as Wilson's Snipe, Spotted Sandpiper, Long-billed Dowitcher, and Least
Sandpiper. If anyone has photographed or noted the band combination for any of
these species in NM during the winter, this information would be GREATLY
appreciated. It doesn't matter whether you know where the bird was banded or
not (USFWS can check that) the important thing is getting those resights.
If a bird is captured or resighted by another project, the data is usually
entered into the USGS database, but if it is photographed or resighted by
birders, this usually doesn't happen, which is why USFWS is looking for help
from photographers and birders.

Also, if anyone happens to have photos of banded Sandhill Cranes, or other
waterfowl, this is equally valuable as Sandhill Cranes and several species of
waterfowl also breed on the Arctic NWR.

If you have a photo showing the band combinations for an individual of any of
these species, and would like to help, please respond to me off list.
Thank You!

Happy Birding,
Wyatt Egelhoff
Las Cruces,