Date: 11/1/17 11:32 am
From: Jim Moodie <jmoodie...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Costa's Hummingbird Newport
Eric's post reminds me of a female Costa's that we had defending a feeder for several weeks during the summer, three years consecutively. She would arrive, molt her tail feathers and hang out until they had regrown. We could tell it was the same female because she had a small scar/blemish on her throat. Costa hummers are so fun to watch as they are even more aggressive than the Rufous hummers, and very vocal to boot.

Cheers,
Jim

Dr. Jim Moodie
Science Department