Date: 11/1/17 11:26 am
From: Eric Horvath <horvath...>
Subject: [obol] Costa's Hummingbird Newport
Mr. Costa was here last winter for a few weeks, in immature male plumage (a little speckledy green hummer), and a lot of OBOL birders came to see him. Then he disappeared. Today 1 November he has returned to the feeder and acts like he owns the place. Now he has the spectacular Purple gorget of an adult male Costa’s Hummingbird!

details: 1 Nov 2017, Costa’s Hummingbird, adult male, coming regularly to the feeder at the house at 311 SE 35th Street, South Beach, Lincoln County, Oregon. Birders are welcome to wander in after 8 AM, please not earlier. Parking not available at the house, best to park at the unused old folks home 2 blocks east, then walk. We have a long driveway and you have to walk past the stacked firewood. To see Mr. Costa, he is coming to the feeder by the front picture window, but he perches in the holly tree also. I dont know how long this will last, but today he is actively defending the spot and chasing off the Anna’s hummingbirds.

Eric Horvath

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!