Date: 11/1/17 10:51 am
From: Christy P <passerculus...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Foothills birds continue to push East
I think it bears noting the change in location. The new yard birds are
fascinating because folks across the front range are seeing birds in new
areas they are familiar with and have been monitoring for years (i.e. their
yards). Although these birds may not be far from their general range, the
changes in habit are pretty interesting. Especially species that rarely
visit feeders until weather warrants it actively visiting feeders so early
this fall.

Thanks for sharing!

Christy Payne
Wheat Ridge

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 10:26 AM David Suddjian <dsuddjian...> wrote:

> The Solitaire is regular out East fall through winter, particularly where
> there are planted junipers or other trees or shrubs with berries. I think
> the Pine Siskin is regular, as well.
>
> David Suddjian
> Littleton, CO
>
> On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Bart Deferme <bdeferme...> wrote:
>
>> Two new yard birds here at Quincy Reservoir: Pine Siskin and Townsend's
>> Solitaire. Nothing too exciting given both species' abundance in the front
>> range, but to see them this far East seems noteworthy, especially in light
>> of all the other sightings of birds more typically expected in the
>> foothills.
>>
>> Happy birding,
>>
>> Bart Deferme
>> Quincy Reservoir