Date: 11/1/17 6:25 am
From: mresch8702 via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Black Vulture, Portsmouth, 10/31

On 10/31, while in route to Maine for some birding time, I watched a Black Vulture fly over I-95 in Portsmouth, about a mile short of the ME border. I still need Black Vulture for my ME list, but I couldn't will it over the Piscataqua River. It ended up perching on one of the large overhead lights near the hiway. There have been quite a number of recent sightings of Black Vulture in this general area, including at least 1 I remember where the observer watched it fly from one state to the other. Unfortunately it was just in NH for me. And it was better than anything I ended up seeing in Maine. (In hindsight, maybe I should have just parked on the I-95 shoulder and waited for the bird to hopefully fly across the stateline.) :-)

Mike Resch
www.statebirding.blogspot.com
Pepperell, MA