Date: 10/31/17 7:55 pm
From: Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Red-throated Pipit at San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary
Thanks for a great bird Doug. To add to his note, I arrived about 5:05p and
joined Doug to hopefully see the bird again. It took a little time to
refind it, but we finally saw it again around 5:20p. The bird was there for
the next 15-20 minutes and the entire flock took off to the west at about
5:45pm.

This location was the NE corner of Pond C in the dry pond area. There were
15-20 American Pipits there in the same area.

Checklist with some photos of the bird:

Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 5:11 PM, <GBANI1978...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <
<OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...> wrote:

> Can maybe give more details later but I just had a Red-throated Pipit at
> the "far end" (I'm estimating thats the east end) of Pond C at the San
> Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary. Was with about 40 American Pipits initially but
> the flock is very skittish and has been flushing and coming back. I once
> was able to refind the Red-throated but after the second time they all
> flushed, half the flock apparently went over the block wall to south and
> down into the water district ponds, and I could not refind the
> Red-throated.
>
> Doug Willick
> Orange, CA

Join us on Facebook!