Date: 10/31/17 7:52 pm
From: Greg Swick <grswick...>
Subject: Greene/Christian County Birding
Hi MoBirders,
Things were happening in the southwest part of the state, so I thought I'd
join the chorus of great bird sightings in Missouri these days.
Near Palmetto in Eastern Greene County, I started out with 350+
Great-tailed Grackles and a single Wilson's Snipe.
I then headed up to Lovett Pinetum near Strafford, where I observed a
single Pine Siskin, a single Red-breasted Nuthatch, and a single female RED
CROSSBILL. Hoping for more in the coming days!
When I arrived at home, 2 FOS Purple Finches were at the feeder. An hour
later, a late Palm Warbler was seen working the lower part of a maple
tree from which the suet feeder hangs.

Good Birding,
Greg Swick
Ozark, Missouri

p.s. I will be going to KC on Saturday and would be interested in any
reliable locations for Crossbills along the route from Springfield to
Roeland Park, KS. Thanks!

--
*Greg Swick*

*I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in nature, which, if we
unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright. ~Henry David Thoreau*

mailto:<mobirds-l-request...>
ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

Join us on Facebook!