Date: 10/31/17 7:12 pm
From: James P Smith <keenbirder...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Gill - Pink-footed Goose (No), Cattle Egret (No)
Greetings birders,

After I posted my initial report yesterday (10/30) I returned to Barton
Cove in Gill at around 15:20 hours. Somewhat surprisingly, the entire
migrant group of around 350 Canada Geese had moved on and had taken the
Pink-footed Goose with them. A brief check of the Turner's Falls power
canal found reasonable numbers of Canada Geese but no Pink-footed. However,
the Cattle Egret remained on Boyle Road, and my son and I last saw it
heading north over Gill Elementary playing fields at 17:18 hours.

Throughout today (10/31) I made period checks of some key goose spots in
the Gill/Turner's Falls area but could not relocate the Pink-footed Goose.
In fact, overall goose numbers seemed to be well below par and I suspect
that many moved south on the clearer air after the Sunday night/Monday
morning storm. I also failed to see the Cattle Egret on Boyle Road and at
Unpinngil Farm.

I added a few more pics of the Pink-footed Goose to the following link and
also a shot of the Cattle Egret taken at about 17:00 hours yesterday;

https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2017/10/ma-pink-footed-goose-in-gill.html

<https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2017/10/ma-pink-footed-goose-in-gill.html>

<https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2017/10/ma-pink-footed-goose-in-gill.html>

<https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2017/10/ma-pink-footed-goose-in-gill.html>