Date: 10/31/17 4:34 pm
From: 'Hugh Kingery' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Walker Pit, Douglas
Urling & I just came home from watching a huge number of waterfowl on the Walker Pit (a/k/a Walker Gravel Pond).
We don't have numbers tallied yet but the list includes 200+ Cackling Geese, 100 Gadwalls, 100+ Am. Wigeon, 50+ N. Shovelers, Lesser Scaup, Canada Geese, plus some Mallards, GW Teal, Ring-necked Duck, Redhead, Canvasback, Bufflehead, Common & Hooded Mergansers, Ruddy Duck, N. Pintail, Pied-billed Grebe, Am. Coots & Ring-billed Gulls.
One Snow Goose immature.
Probably others that we missed.

As an aside, at our home we hosted a Denver Audubon bird class last Saturday and saw our FOS Am. Tree Sparrows & White-winged Juncos. The Junco numbers have increased since then. Patronizing our feeders daily, 3 Pygmy Nuthatches and one Red-breasted -- species we don't ordinarily see regularly.

Hugh Kingery
Franktown, CO