Date: 10/31/17 1:57 pm
From: Dick FILBY <dickfilby...>
Subject: [cobirds] SURF SCOTERS @ Ruedi resr (Eagle/Pitkin)
Hi all

I was delighted to join Tom McConnell and Vic Zerbi birding Ruedi resr this morning. Thks

Weather was fine – generally overcast clearing to sunny spell, slight breeze.

The reservoir was particularly birdy according to the experienced team members.. tho I considered it almost a bird-free zone compared to Spring Park!

Highlights included

Osprey just E of the dam (Pitkin)
2 SURF SCOTERS fem/imms (Eagle)
1 Barrow’s Goldeneye drake (Pitkin)
1 Wood Duck drake (Pitkin)
25+Buffleheads
2 Canvasbacks
3 Northern Pintail
2 Northern Shoveler
c5 American Wigeon
12 Lesser Scaup
15 Ring-necked Duck
15+ Common Merganser
1 Eared Grebe
1 Pied-b.Grebe

American Pipit heard
Townsend’s Solitaires were at every pullout, calling and singing

Best wishes
Dick Filby
Carbondale