Date: 10/31/17 1:30 pm
From: <trptjoe...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Montrose Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
A cadre of birders and I saw the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher at Montrose around 2:00. My first new Chicago species of 2017; thanks, Geoff! Also, thanks to the bunch who were scouring the area, as, when I arrived, the bird had not been located for a half hour or so.
It seems to like the rope bordering the lake side of the natural planting area. If you try, you may want to walk the concrete from the lake level and look up; that could minimize the chance that the bird might leave the area.

Joe Lill
Chicago, IL
www.musicbyjoelill.com

"We are what we practice."  -- Charlie Geyer

Join us on Facebook!