Date: 10/31/17 10:58 am
From: Suzanne Sullivan <swampy435...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] North Shore Community Gardens, Middleton
Hello Massbirders,

Just a couple o FYI’s. I had a CKGO yesterday at the middle fields at the
above location. The geese tend to spread out among all 7/8 fields, some of
which you can not see from the gardens themselves, like across the street
there are several fields . The lower fields are a little flooded so
anything could be possible.

The other note is if anyone visits this spot make sure to check the pipits
extra well if you can. I had a very suspicious bird but could not get
photos. Then it flew off to another field across the street and I could not
follow since I was out of bird time. Not saying it was anything but my
observations were - this bird had pink legs, streaked breast but did not
show the “necklace”, that typical pipits have, was super dark compared to
the others and was really aggressive chasing the other pipits away. I tried
to get photos but it was so windy, they were in and out of sight in true
pipit style and if I had gotten out of the car they would certainly have
flown anyway. Frustrating to say the least. There may have been longspurs
mixed in since there were several calls I did not recognize as pipit. I
need a serious lesson on these type calls for sure. May have been just
nothing but a regular pipit, but maybe it wasn’t? So check well.
Cheers,

Suzanne M. Sullivan
Wilmington, MA
<swampy435...>

"The self evident vision of who we are as a free and caring nation, and the
ideal to fulfill this destiny is stronger than the division of those who's
only vision is of themselves. “ SMB

Be the Voice of the River
http://www.ipswichriver.org

Join us on Facebook!