Date: 10/31/17 7:00 am
From: Linda Penner <lkpenner...>
Subject: 6 Whooping Cranes - Cheyenne Bottoms
Rob Penner reported 5 Whooping Cranes at Cheyenne Bottoms, 5 adults were in Pool 2 approximately 1 miles east of the Kansas Dept. of Wildlife, Parks & Tourism headquarters on the inlet canal . After reporting to work to make this post an additional Whooping Crane was spotted in Pool 5, but I don't have an exact location on it. We are experiencing light flurries at present, it's starting to stick to the ground. Spotting Whooping Cranes is always an exciting event, great way to get Halloween started today.

Linda Penner
Kansas Wetlands Education Center
Cheyenne Bottoms
Great Bend, KS