Date: 10/31/17 6:00 am
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Stratford shorebirds 10/30 ???
10/30. Stratford, Beacon Point Rd, stratford Greenway. Yesterday afternoon Stefan Martin alerted me to a variety of shorebirds on the tidal mudflats here. Among the many BbPlovers and Dunlin were 1 AM GOLDEN PLOVER, 1 DOWITCHER sp, and a PECTORAL-type Sandpiper. SM thought the latter looked “very rufous” through his bins. I relocated the bird later in my scope and it seemed to be just a Pectoral. But for an instant it appeared to have a rufous cap!

I write now to alert birders to be on the lookout for this possible SHARP-TAILED SANDPIPER. Places to look include The Greenway (low tide about 3:30pm), Milford Point, etc.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone