Date: 10/30/17 3:57 pm
From: W MCCRADY <wmccrady...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Cassin's Sparrow near Gila Cliff Dwellings, NM
Greetings Birders,

Seeing and hearing a Cassin's Sparrow in the grassy beginning section of the Middle Fork Trail today was a pleasure. It was the first Cassin's I've heard since last year when there was an apparent irruption northwest of Tucson.

The trailhead is just past the Visitor Center for the Gila Cliff Dwellings. The sparrow was also present a couple of days ago in the same area - first quarter mile of the trail before the first river crossing. I could find no other reports, ever, of a Cassin's Sparrow in this part of the Gila National Forest.

Wendy McCrady
Gila Hot Springs, NM

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid