Date: 10/30/17 12:16 pm
From: Gregory Hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Lighthouse Point CLOSED
For anyone thinking of going to Lighthouse Point hawk watch in New Haven
tomorrow, the park was closed to vehicular traffic today because of a tree
across wires on the main entrance road. Park workers did not know if or
when it might open tomorrow. I'm sure Bill Banks, who does the watch
Tuesdays, will post about the situation inn the morning.

Today was my day to do the hawk watch and 3 of us walked in around 11 a.m.
after the rain stopped. However, because of restricted parking on city
streets outside the park, the closest legal on-street parking is c 1/4 to
1/3 mile away.

We watched for a couple hours but extremely strong WSW wind was not
conducive to a flight. We had a handful of raptors and not much else.
However, a little trickle of 3 Tree Swallows and one Barn Swallow had us
looking closely for a Cave Swallow.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury