Date: 10/30/17 6:37 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Snow
The 4+ inches of snow overnight has brought out the birds! On our walk, a
Common Raven appeared to be having fun kiting on the wind high above the
snowy earth. Flocks of little birds flew overhead. On our driveway a flock
of 10 Chipping Sparrows along with our first Dark-eyed Junco searched for
food.

At our feeders we now have four Pine Siskins. Along with them I have seen
Song, Chipping and Field Sparrows. The latter was the first at our feeders.
There are both House and Purple Finches. Dark-eyed Juncos are cleaning up
things on the ground along with the other sparrows. Of course, Black-capped
Chickadees and Tufted Titmice are always present. A male Hairy Woodpecker
and a Blue Jay just arrived as I finish typing this.

It should be an exciting day at the feeders. Everything is coated with
snow. It is quite windy. The power has been flicking on and off but mostly
has stayed on. Herb Myers, Harman, Randolph County (Posted to WV-Bird)

Join us on Facebook!