Date: 10/30/17 4:23 am
From: David Bernstein <jackstraw1963...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Colonial Park Brant
Morning,

A Brant has been enjoying the amenities at Colonial Park in Somerset County for the last week or so. I stopped by yesterday to have a look and found it easily, foraging on the lawn across from the ranger's station.

Set up my scope and took a quick picture. In the time it took me to put my scope away and get back in the car, a Red tailed Hawk zoomed in and put an end to the Brant's visit to this Somerset County hotspot. As someone who cares not for food chain encounters, the experience made me sad. But at least the hawk went to sleep with a full belly.

Good birding.

David S. Bernstein
Berkeley Heights, NJ

Sent from my iPad