Date: 10/29/17 9:13 pm
From: <aljdipper...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Snowy, RT Loon
Hello,
I wish I could remember everybody's name that I met today to see the Snowy & the RT Loon. The RT Loon was a lifer for me.
Thank you for helping me locate the Loon Kathy B and Phil S. I wish I didn't miss Joel, Sam & Ross. Would have liked to have met you all as well.
I first saw the owl around 1:50pm & it flew from the light pole after a large vehicle flew by. It then landed further West on an "adopt a highway litter " sign where it then took off again shortly after....It flew so close to the road and in the middle & was almost hit by passing vehicles twice. My heart was racing. Happy to see the drivers were aware of it. We thought it was going to land on the road . It landed on the S. side of 34 on a dirt road & proceeded shortly afterwards further in the soybean field, then onto the irrigation pivot. That's where it was when I left around 430pm. I watched it all from off the shoulder.
The last time I saw a Snowy was in Fremont in 2011 I believe.
Fun day.
Karen K.
Omaha

Posted by: <aljdipper...>