Date: 10/29/17 7:40 pm
From: Alan Buriak <a_buriak...>
Subject: Pine Siskins - Cameron County
I was up at my camp near Hicks Run in the mountains of north-central PA this weekend and although I didn't have any dedicated birding time and the weather was bad, I did take a few minutes on Saturday afternoon to grab the binoculars when I heard a large group of goldfinches fly into the trees nearby. It didn't take long to find at least 4 Pine Siskins in among them. There were likely several more, but 4 was the most I could keep track of at any given moment, and they were moving around a lot. For the next couple hours, I continued to hear long "zhreeeeeet" calls coming from among the flock of finches nearby. A large group of maybe upwards of 100 Cedar Waxwings were also moving around the area much of the day and a Great Horned Owl started calling at around 6PM.

Good birding,
Alan Buriak
Gibsonia, Allegheny County