Date: 10/29/17 6:53 pm
From: Margy Terpstra <ladybirdterp...>
Subject: In our Shady Oaks yard, need help with Sapsucker species ID 10/29/17
Hi everyone,

I had a sapsucker today which has me scratching my head. It is a juvenile bird but I am not convinced it is a Yellow-bellied. I was able to get six photos of it when it was approaching the Bubbler.

There is one photo in iBird Pro of a juvenile Red-naped Sapsucker that looks very much like this bird, but this species has not been recorded in Missouri before.

I would really appreciate some helpful input on this bird, especially from those familiar with Western species.

Here is the link to the first photo, there are six:

http://hummerhavenunltd.com/p562990351/h9aa86a88#h9aa86a88

Many thanks,
Margy Terpstra

Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO