Date: 10/29/17 6:36 pm
From: Justin Rink <spindalis79...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Red-throated Loon, Snowy Owl- Sarpy Co.- Yes
  This evening after work I made tracks south to see if I could find Joel's birds from this morning.
  When I arrived at Base Lake, I ran into Al and Cindy Reyer who explained that they had seen the bird from the east side of the lake, but it then floated south and they lost sight of it.  I then drove to the east side and scanned.  It didn't take long before I found the juvenile RED-THROATED LOON (FOY) bounding around in the waves.
  After spending some time getting some video and photos of the Loon, I then headed a bit further south to see if I could locate the Snowy Owl.  While searching I also ran into Sam and Joe Manning who were of course also in pursuit of the Owl.  Unfortunately we didn't see any pivots.  A friendly Grass Pad employee pulled up asking if we were looking for "the owl", and informed us of where the Snowy Owl was currently perched.  Apparently we just had not gone far enough down the road.  We found the SNOWY OWL (FOY) located on the end of a pivot.  While viewing, the SNOWY OWL flew off further to the east.
  Thanks to Joel Jorgensen for finding these great birds today.
Good birding.
Justin RinkMidtown Omaha, Douglas Co., <NEspindalis79...>

Join us on Facebook!