Date: 10/29/17 6:11 pm
From: David Vander Pluym <scre...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] WAZ: Lake Havasu and Parker Valley Brown Thrasher
Today 29 Oct, Rich Aracil and I birded from Lake Havasu City down into the Parker Valley with stops at Lake Havasu, Rotary Park LHC, 'Ahakhav Tribal Preserve, and various patches of habitat in the Parker Valley. For the most part, we had fair numbers of the typical late fall species, but not a lot of note or diversity with Red-breasted Nuthatches at 3 stops.

Of note were 65 Common Loons on Lake Havasu, if we had been there at dawn we likely would have had more, as 20 were already in the air when we arrived. On 26 Oct I had 81 on Lake Havasu.

In the Parker Valley past the southwest end of McCabe Rd is a small patch of cottonwoods which in almost 2 hours of searching Rich had two quick looks at a BROWN THRASHER. Both times I was searching a different section of the cottonwoods and so missed the bird. Good birding.

David Vander Pluym
Lake Havasu City