Date: 10/29/17 2:56 pm
From: Bill Lisowsky <ykswosil...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Rio Rico Golf Course - Sunday 10/29
Our group of four from Tubac headed down to the Rio Rico Golf Course for
brunch and a short walk on the birding trail and we were not disappointed.
At least one Red-breasted Nuthatch was "yanking" outside the entrance to
the restaurant when we arrived. (Obviously a good year for this species
throughout AZ this year.)

American Wigeon and Ring-necked Ducks are recent arrivals. Lots of sparrows
throughout the area. Complete bird list will be posted in Ebird later today.

We didn't see them, but Barn Owl and Western Screech Owl have been reported
from the pines in the past week.

One update from the golf course owners--in addition to welcoming birders to
visit during regular hours, on Monday mornings the entire 150 acre course
is closed for golfing but is now open to birders! Check it out...

Bill Lisowsky
Tubac