Date: 10/29/17 2:47 pm
From: Bob Hunter <hunterbob10...>
Subject: [RV Birds] Farm Prairie Falcon & Agate Northern Shrike
This morning a prairie falcon was soaring above our neighbors farm in close
proximity to a tight flock of approximately 30-40 soaring starlings and
three brewer's blackbirds. It was hard to tell whether the falcon was
tracking the starling flock or the starling flock was tracking the falcon
but what was interesting was that the 3 brewer's blackbirds broke from the
starling flock on at least five occasions to harass the falcon. They would
then retreat back to the starling flock presumably for the protection it
offered. I thought the interaction among the soaring birds was quite
interesting.

I heard and saw a northern shrike perched atop an oak tree this morning at
Agate Lake.