Date: 10/29/17 1:01 pm
From: Robert Furrow <robertfurrow...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Half Moon Bay area birding, 10/28/17
My Intermediate Birding class from Palo Alto Adult school had a nice field
trip yesterday, 10/28, to cap off our sparrow- and raptor-focused fall
quarter. We enjoyed seeing all the regularly expected sparrows around the
Johnston House, as well as the continuing LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE and a fairly
late YELLOW WARBLER.

Around 1pm we made a short visit to Wavecrest Open Space, where we had at
least 11 White-tailed Kites, several Northern Harriers, both accipiters, 1
Merlin, 2 American Kestrels, and a couple Red-tailed and Red-shouldered
Hawks. The raptor bonanza was capped off with an OSPREY flying over
heading south.

Happy birding,
Rob Furrow

--