Date: 10/29/17 12:50 pm
From: Mike Patterson <celata...>
Subject: [obol] Columbia Estuary Phoebe Report - 10/29/2017
Columbia Estuary Phoebe Report - 10/29/2017

This morning I went chasing the BLACK PHOEBE reported yesterday by
Jacob Durrent along Chinook Valley Rd, Pacific Co. I found it
flycatching from the same chimney the Tropical Kingbird was using
earlier in the week. This is the first documented Black Phoebe in
Pacific Co. (ebird shows one from spring 2009 near Tokeland, reported
without comment or description). Jacob also reports seeing the
kingbird. I did not see it today.

There are currently at least 3 BLACK PHOEBES at Wireless Rd and two
along Airport Rd. I also saw one at Alder Creek Farm in Nehalem. It
would appear that Black Phoebes can now be considered established on the
lower Columbia.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR