Date: 10/29/17 11:47 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Curry Birds 10/29/17
Pipit and I were at Floras Lake early- foggy and cool but not much wind.

There was a calling SWAMP SPARROW on the NE end of the lake. No longspurs
anywhere. Visibility was limited on ocean and I didn’t have a scope but I
did see three pelis headed south. One late ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER with a
chickadee flock near the beach.

On the way out there was a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW with a zono flock along the
road with the big straight away with the open fields on either side. I had
real nice looks at it as it sat out in the open feeding. At the blue silos
there was a LESSER GOLDFINCH which would be a great CBC bird.

No sun along the coast the past two days- was sunny and 70s up at Mt.
Bolivar (SE Coos up at 4,000 ft) yesterday morning though, but pretty quiet
bird-wise. The big leaf maple show along the SF Coquille was beautiful
though!

Happy birding,
Tim R
Coos Bay