Date: 10/29/17 10:16 am
From: Thomas Miko <thomas_miko...> [LACoBirds] <LACoBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] Claremont Cassin's Finch
Hi folks, I have been hearing a weird bird the last 2 day at the southwest corner of Wheeler Park, Claremont. The bird works its way north along the western edge of the park following the same route, interesting ly, as the Plumbeous Vireo in previous winters. By the way, I have not had a Plumbeous in the park in a year. Depressing. Anyways, the last couple of days I have been hearing this bird that sounds like a drunk guy doing a bad imitation of a Plumbeus Vireo and I finally just saw the bird and it looked like a house finch, which blew my mind. I suspected that it was a Cassin's Finch, but played different recordings while standing underneath the bird to clinch it. My mind is blown.

Thomas Geza Miko
653 S. Indian Hill Blvd.,#C
Claremont, CA 91711
cell one: 909.241.3300