Date: 10/29/17 9:40 am
From: Justin Rink <spindalis79...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Night caller ID help and a brant
Hi Eric and NEbirders,
Your mystery species sounds like an Eastern Screech-Owl. The
descending trill seems like a good fit for this species. Is the
wee-du vocalization somewhat of a wavering whinny? If so, you have a
Screech-Owl. They are present in the Omaha area, but have been
declining in the past few years.
Good birding.
Justin RinkMidtown OmahaDouglas Co., <NEspindalis79...>

On Oct 29, 2017 7:47 AM, "<ericbents...> [NEBirds]"
<NEBirds...> wrote:

The last couple nights I've had a persistent night caller behind
the house. 1 second loud, persistent descending trills, with
occasional interspersed loud WEEdu WEEdu WEEdu. Any ideas out
there?

Also, a brant specimen was collected on the Missouri River
yesterday in Burt County. Photo posted in my yahoo folder.

Cheers,

Eric Bents

Omaha, Nebraska

Posted by: Justin Rink <spindalis79...>