Date: 10/29/17 8:29 am
From: snowy.owlets <snowy.owlets...>
Subject: [cobirds] Snow and Ross's along Diagonal 10/29
Hi Everyone,
In response to Luke Pheneger's post this morning 10/29, I cruised Diagonal Highway southbound between Longmont and Boulder. I found the goose flock in question at the north end of Boulder between 63rd and 55th, east of Six Mile Reservoir but easiest to see from the highway shoulder. In scoping the flock, I found two Ross's Geese among the Snows annd Canadas. The birds are sometimes down in a swale where only heads are visible.
I also stopped at Legion Park and scoped Valmont Reservoir. There are rafts of Western Grebes, Common Mergansers, and American Coots, with a few ducks (Canvasback, Redhead, and Lesser Scaup).
Mark Miller Longmont, CO
Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone