Date: 10/29/17 7:05 am
From: Bill Eddleman <eddlemanw...>
Subject: Yard Birds in Cape Girardeau
I was loading a few things out of my truck into the garage late yesterday morning, when I caught some movement in a large clump of salvia in front of the house. Yep, a hummingbird. It disappeared shortly thereafter, but reappeared later. Of course, I could not get a picture. It reappeared very briefly this morning, but only on the salvia. I had just taken the feeder in last week, so it's back up now. I have yet to see it on the feeder, and will try and get a picture today.
While I was sitting in the truck in the driveway waiting for the hummingbird to return yesterday afternoon (it did not), I was also able to see and photograph a Chipping Sparrow (6 total), a Tennessee Warbler, and a leucistic female Northern Cardinal (second year for the cardinal).
List and photos soon to be on ebird.
----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html