Date: 10/29/17 6:30 am
From: <ScottJStoner...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Renseaerville State Forest yesterday - red crossbills
Denise, Gregg, Cathy, and birded the area from Scutt Rd up CCC rd to the clearing yesterday morning, bumping into several other birders. We had a conservatively estimated 35 Red Crossbills and at least one Purple Finch, along with Fox Sparrow and numerous white-throats and juncos. A flyby Northern Goshawk provided some brief excitement as well. Details and a couple of documentation-quality photos of the crossbills are in the ebird checklist, below.

Denise and I also had a Ruffed Grouse in the road along CR 153 between Renselaerville and the CCC Rd turnoff.

Scott Stoner, Loudonville

t http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S40185999

Join us on Facebook!