Date: 10/29/17 6:12 am
From: Tim Spahr <tspahr44...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] approaching storm and passerine blowback
Hi Birders,

In a near-repeat of last week, a powerful storm is sweeping up the east
coast. After the storm passes, coastal locations, especially Cape Cod and
the South Shore areas might be really good for off-course passerines. If
this storm is anything like the storm of last week, we might expect more
Yellow-throated Warblers, late thrushes, vireos, etc, and maybe even a few
bona-fide vagrants. Think rare kingbirds, terns, or maybe even swifts.

Now I must also insert the standard disclaimer: predicting how many birds
and where they will show up from these events is difficult. In general,
broad coverage of coastal locations (even Cape Ann and the North Shore got
into the action this week) is best.

Good luck should anyone get out there!

Best,

Tim Spahr