Date: 10/28/17 9:25 pm
From: Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...>
Subject: Turquoise Blue
Hello All,

Mary and I went out to the Salt Plains early this morning. It was 17 degrees at the parking lot by the trail to the Sand Creek Bay blind. There were several thousand sandhill cranes present on the half frozen bay, but no Whooping cranes were seen there this morning. On a side trip, we ended up at the Grant and Alfalfa County line on Highway 11. Just west of there a male mountain bluebird was seen first on the power line and then on the fence line. Its brilliant turquoise back really glowed in the sun.

Mark Peterson

Bartlesville

Join us on Facebook!